Monday, September 19, 2011

Fire Up For Fall: Week One

I haven't blogged since the beginning of August and probably not-so-coincidentally, I've only lost a few pounds since.  To get back on track with my weight loss efforts as well as my blogging, I've joined a seasonal challenge called Fire Up For Fall hosted by Rebecca at Weight Wars.  Each week I will check in and assess how I've been doing with my goals and I will answer questions posed by Rebecca weekly.

1.  What are your goals for the Fall Challenge?
       A. Recommit to following the Weight Watchers plan; track everything I eat.
       B. Drink 100 ounces of water every day.
       C. Do some form of exercise for 30 minutes, five times per week.
       D. Blog at least three times per week.
       E. Lose 15 pounds.
       F. Have only one Hungry Girl caramel frappe per day.  This may sound silly but this just might be my hardest goal!

2.  Why have you chosen these goals?
I chose these because they are fundamental to a more healthy lifestyle and to my weight loss efforts.  Striving towards these goals will help me get more in control of my eating and exercise habits.

3.  What have you done this week that's made you feel fabulous?
Absolutely nothing, in fact I can't think of the last time I did anything to make me feel fabulous.  This is a great reminder that I need to prioritize myself higher than I currently do.  I'm going to work on this one so I can learn what fabulous feels like!

4.  What do you think will be your biggest challenge in reaching your goals?
Not slipping into emotional eating, self-sabotage, and binge behaviors will be the biggest challenge, hands down.  That is the core that underlies my goals.  If I don't make progress on my goals during this challenge I can guarantee that these factors are in the driver's seat.

5.  Where in the world do you live?  What's amazing about it?
I live in Carrollton, Texas, USA which is a suburb of Dallas.  I can't call where I live amazing (with a straight face anyway) but one thing I like is that I feel like I live in a smallish community, whereas it's really a town of 125,000 attached to the Dallas metroplex.  I live with my two kindergarten boys, two dogs and a wonderful husband, so I think that's pretty amazing!

And now for my positive picture or image for the week is a saying from Pinterest that applies to both my life in general and to these healthy living goals as well.  A reminder that to get the results I want, I have to put the effort in.

Have a great week and thanks for reading!

10 comments:

  1. Hey Mary Jo, I found you from your linky at Weight Wars...I just started Weight Watchers online four weeks ago and so far am having success with it! Anyhow, can't wait to see how you get on, I'll be following you!

    Bex
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great motivational strategy and a way to help you see the positives in what you are doing. Most importantly it may help you feel as fabulous as you are. Emotions play such a big role in many things we all do and they can be strong-willed and unrelenting at times. I'm so proud of you for finding another source of motivation and for continuing on your journey. I loved your quote; it was very inspirational. In fact, I think I will write it down and display it in my kitchen where I can see it all the time. I'm here for you always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your goals - I need to get better about drinking water, it's so hot where I live now that I need to drink even more than I used to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, found you via the Fire up for Fall Challenge linky, good luck with WW i'm following WW with Propoints and really enjoy it! Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goals! I found Weight Watchers very helpful - I reached goal in April 2010 (107 pounds lost) - it can be done, it's hard, but so worth it!

    Love your water goal; I find that when I don't drink enough I get tired and irritable.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your saying!!! And make sure that you put the feeling fabulous goal at the top! Great goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple yet great goals. I bet you stay pretty busy running around after 2 kdg boys! That could possibly be a built in exercise program. :) And what is a Hungry Girl caramel frappe? I haven't heard of them, but they sound fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you putting yourself at the top of the list. I wish nothing but success for you as you rededicate yourself. Know you always have been and will be fabulous in my eyes!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great goals. You can totally do this! We're here with you.

    ReplyDelete