Monday, September 26, 2011

Fire Up For Fall: Week Two

It's Week Two of the Fire Up For Fall challenge so that means it's time to check in!

1. What have you done this week to help you achieve your goals?
I've drunk my water every day, exercised several days, tracked some days, blogged three times and I've only had one caramel frappe daily.  Overall about a 65% hit rate on my goals each day.  I lost 1.5 pounds this week.

2. What have you done to make yourself feel fabulous?  I got my nails done as a gift to myself for my 40th birthday.

3. What is your talent? What are you good at? {Genuinely, EVERYONE has something big or small}At the moment my talent is needlepoint and cross-stitch.  Or maybe I suck at it and it's just a hobby.  No, I'd say I'm talented at it.  Here's a picture of a needlepoint work in progress...


4. What's been the highlight of your week, toot your horn, what are you proud of !
The highlight/lowlight/most important part of my week was that my 47-year-old brother had a massive heart attack with 100% blockage of the carotid artery.  I say this is a highlight because I'm just so damned glad it didn't kill him.  As for what I'm proud of, I'd say I'm proud that I didn't binge as a result of the stress of it.

5. Fun Question: What's your guilty pleasure TV?Hands down my guilty TV pleasure is the Real Housewives of you-name-it-I'll-watch-it.

My positive picture of the week is of what I did to make myself feel fabulous... it's my hand with my new nails!


4 comments:

  1. Your nails look great! Again, happy birthday and congrats on only one caramel frappe a day. 1.5 pounds is fantastic!

    P.S. Your needlepoint work is gorgeous. Can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.5 lbs is amazeballs! Well done :) I wish I was as talented as that at needlepoint, that's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your needlepoint is gorgeous!
    So are you nails! Happy Birthday!
    Congrats on the 1.5lb lost! WOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your brother - that must have been very stressful for you. I hope that he's doing better now. Well done for not dealing with the stress through food!

    Love your nails and the needle point :)

    ReplyDelete