Thursday, July 14, 2011

Saying yes to WW

After my last post in which I pondered joining Weight Watchers, I thought more about it and decided that I'm ready to try it again.  Only this time I have a different attitude.  My history with WW is that I quit after I have a bad day or two.  I'm not going to do that this time because I am in this for the long haul - bumps and all.  Of course I'm not planning on having any bumps, but seeing as how I'm human and a food addict, I accept that I may experience hiccups along the way.  But I'm not going to quit.

Also, I'm not committing to doing Weight Watchers forever.  If I find that for whatever reason it's not a good fit for me, I can stop WW without giving up my journey to get healthier and lose weight.  People lose weight all the time with and without WW so I'll arrive at what works for me at various stages of my journey.  I keep using the word journey because that's how I view it.  It may sound like I'm less than committed to what I'm doing but that couldn't be further from the truth.  I'm telling myself these things because I need to go into this with a contingency plan.  Without a contingency plan, it's too easy to quit.

Another thing different about this time is that I'm doing it with a friend.  We are both quite similar in our food issues and eating habits and confidence levels.  We're both doing the online version instead of the meeting version of WW, but we decided to share our weights with each other so that we'd feel that sense of accountability that people often get from weighing in at meetings.  Wednesday is our weigh-in day and boy was it tough to share that starting weight with another human!  But strangely it was kind of liberating at the same time.  Made it seem like there was nothing to be ashamed of.

I did 80 minutes on the recumbent today!  I keep busy with my iPhone playing word games online, reading all the blogs I follow, and catching up on news.  So far so good.  I tried one of the WW Smart Ones for lunch today and I'm already hungry less than two hours later.  My homemade tuna salad sandwich stuck with me much longer yesterday!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your commitment to WW - this time will be different! I just know it! And great job - 80 min on the bike is awesome!

    ReplyDelete