Monday, July 18, 2011

So far, so good

This is my sixth day on Weight Watchers and so far it's going well.  I'm not playing any of the psychological games with myself to psyche myself out and set me up for failure.  I don't feel deprived at all.  I've fantasized about my McDonald's caramel frappe a few times but I'm just making sure I have enough flex points left in my weekly point budget so that I can have one if I really want one once in awhile.  It feels good to know that I don't have to completely give up treats that I love, but that I can eat them occasionally and still stay on the plan.

I had a few instances this weekend where I ate away from home and while that caused me a bit of anxiety, I didn't overdo anything and tracked everything that I ate.  McDonald's is another story, though.  The boys are bugging me to go there to get lunch and even said oh c'mon we can just drive through.  But I just don't want to put myself in that position yet.  Small steps.

My visit to the foot doctor was disappointing.  The MRSA is apparently gone and it's healing, but my doctor just has his heart set on opening the wound every time I see him, which is exactly what he did on Friday.  I know that he's making it heal in the right way but it hurts and I don't like it.  So at least 10 more days of not getting it wet.  It's been since May 5, people!  Can I tell you how short, unrewarding and infrequent showers are when you can't get one of your feet wet?  Yuk!

2 comments:

  1. I did a post recently about combatting fast food cravings by making replicas at home. Try making homemade chicken nuggets or burgers - lean turkey or even ground beef burgers are waaaay better than McAnything, and even a little better for you. Still a "sometimes" food, but it helps with transitions. ♥ Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going girl. Your doing great!

    ReplyDelete