Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday is weigh day

And since it's Wednesday, that means I get on the scale.  Well, it's my official weigh-in day anyway.  I get on the scale more than weekly let's just say.  So for my first week on Weight Watchers, I lost 5.5 pounds!  That means total lost since I turned over this new leaf is about 14.  I'm pretty proud of that.

I've been reading alot of WW message boards and articles and it's really reminding me that although I've had an excellent first week's loss, the loss I can expect is between .5 and 2 pounds per week.  This honeymoon period won't last and reading about this I think has helped me manage the disappointment I might feel when I have a week where I lose very little.  And from what I gather, there may be weeks when the scale moves in the other direction.  While I'm not planning it, this mindset is helping manage my expectation.

My goals for this week are to keep tracking all my points and to keep exercising.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss! Your hard work is paying off. :) And yes, be sure to look for small but consistent losses. Take the good feeling of the loss and use it as inspiration and momentum for next week (and the week after, and the week after, and the week after...), but keep healthy goals in mind! I would always get discouraged because I lost 6-10 pounds in the first week of a diet but couldn't ever see the same results again even though I felt like I was trying just as hard. The thing is, when you first get started with a new eating/exercise plan, your body is in shock a little and big losses are how it reacts to the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the loss and more importantly on believing thy you are the wonderful, beautiful person I know you are and doing this for you! Most things that matter to us have ups and downs. Try to keep your focu on the things that make you feel good, you're doing great!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats on the loss. I'm so proud of you, inspired by you and hoping to get back on track this week with you! I've been traveling and you know how hard that can be to eat well when you're on the go. But really - congrats. You're doing SO great!

    ReplyDelete