Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Adding exercise

Today is a good day so far. I noticed the scale not moving too much the last couple of days which implied to me that the weight isn't just going to keep falling off because I gave up junk food two weeks ago. Since my Zumba DVDs aren't going to be here for awhile yet, I broke down and got on the recumbent bike that's been gathering dust in here for years. I've gotten on it twice for a total of 25 minutes. I'm not riding it in a way that's giving me a fantastic workout, but what can I say but that I am the queen of the baby step!

I'm reading a book by Susan Albers called Eating Mindfully: How to End Mindless Eating and Enjoy a Balanced Relationship with Food and I'm really enjoying it. She talks about learning to be mindful in the mind, body, thoughts and feelings as all of that relates to food and eating. She talks about becoming aware during the process of eating and that has really resonated with me. Anyway, good read so far.

I'm off to have a good rest of the day and I hope you do the same!

2 comments:

  1. This book has been on my list too. I'll have to pick it up! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that book, too. ♥ After reading it, I started sitting down and really savoring my meals, and it was an unbelievable experience. Like I'd never eaten before! It was like tasting everything for the first time. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete