Thursday, June 30, 2011

It happened

I've been at this eat healthier thing for two weeks now and I suppose this was going to happen sooner or later, but it happened today. I mindlessly ate three Fiber One bars today and now I'm stuffed. It was totally the old bar and junk food eating me back for a visit. Of course I have been beating myself up for it but I'm not getting carried away.

I'm not letting this derail my efforts. I'm getting the bars out of the house. It was a mistake to think I could have them in the house since bars (certainly not Fiber One, though) are one of the bad habits I gave up.
This brings up some stuff I need to think about, though.

I need to explore further why I use food in an unhealthy way. Today was a very long day here in stay-at-home-mom-land and the time was crawling unbelievably slow. This was a case of me eating out of boredom or nothingness, kind of an anxiety response to a painfully long day. I'm going to keep working on eating mindfully and just move on from today's choices. Definitely I'm learning to navigate these waters as I go.

2 comments:

  1. Being a stay at home Mom can be wonderful, but it is a lot of work physically and emotionally. We all need a little comfort or break once in awhile; don't beat yourself up, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also still working on mindful eating. I ate breakfast this morning without a single thought about it. I know I am working on looking at why I choose food when anxious, upset, etc. Maybe that too is a habit? My go-to stress relief (Chunky Monkey) no longer resides in my freezer. Don't beat yourself up. Forgive yourself, then move on :)

    ReplyDelete